I am excited to introduce a useful new feature that simplifies the way you manage files across different Google Drive folders. This feature was requested by one of our clients and we managed to build it in one day.
This guide will show you how to easily copy files linked in a sheet to a single folder in Google Drive. For a visual walkthrough, be sure to view our accompanying video tutorial on YouTube.
Step 1: Prepare Your Spreadsheet
- Begin by ensuring your spreadsheet is ready, with links to the files you intend to organize. For this demonstration, I have prepared a sheet with links to several files stored in various Google Drive folders.
Step 2: Selecting Files on the Spreadsheet
- From your spreadsheet, choose the files you wish to consolidate. In this example, I’ll demonstrate with two files selected from the list.
Step 3: Access ‘Copy Files and Folders’ Function
- Go to the tools menu in File Drop and open the ‘Copy Files and Folders‘ function. This feature is key to the process.
Step 4: Configure Your Copy Settings
- In the function interface, you’ll find options for the source and destination folders. For this task, focus on the destination folder – where you want all selected files to be copied.
- In my case, I’m using a designated demo folder as the destination.
Step 5: Execute the Copy Process
- Copy the ID of your destination folder and paste it into the designated field.
- Select the ‘Copy Selected Files from Sheet’ option.
- Initiate the copying by clicking ‘Start Copying.’ The duration of this process will depend on the file sizes.
Step 6: Confirm and Verify
- Upon completion, a notification will confirm that the files have been copied.
- If the files don’t appear immediately in the destination folder, give it a moment, especially for larger files.
This feature is designed to enhance your experience with File Drop, making it easier to manage and organize files within your Google Drive. It’s particularly useful for consolidating files from various locations into a single folder.
Thank you for following this guide. We hope you find this new feature beneficial for your file organization needs. Don’t forget to watch our video tutorial for additional guidance. We look forward to your feedback and to providing more enhancements in the future.
Happy organizing, and see you in our next update!